Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Working With Death

I was dumbstruck seeing this view from afar as I was walking to enter the vicinity of Ayala Mall (Cebu). These are men working outside the building painting the gigantic wall. I was too curious if they had a harness that will save them in case their feet slipped off from a small platform holding their weight. I wonder what the net is for. It should be a safety tool? I also saw a few men climbing up using a hanging ladder. I don't think I saw a harness on their waist as they were going up. Too brave or too foolish to risk their lives? I don't think this system is safe enough for these workers. Not much safety devices are provided. I don't want to hear one day that someone fell off and broke his bones from doing this painting job because of the company's negligence. God forbids!

How about you, would you dare do this? :D

No comments: